Wearing this mask will not protect you from getting COVID-19.
According to the CDC:
- A cloth face covering is not intended to protect the wearer, but it may prevent the spread of virus from the wearer to others.
- You should wear a cloth face covering whenever you are in a community setting, especially where you may be near people.
- Even when you wear a cloth face covering, CDC still recommends staying at least 6 feet away from other people (social distancing), frequent hand cleaning and other everyday preventive actions.
- Face coverings should be washed routinely in a washing machine (please see our washing instructions below).
- You should be careful not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth when removing face covering and wash hands immediately after removing.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.